Sol, Inc. Limited FivePlus™ Warranty Rev 8/09
Sol, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 certified worldwide manufacturer that designs and manufactures our own products (vs. simply reselling or distributing other manufacturer's products). Even though the best scenario involves never having to actually use a company's warranty, we are proud to offer what we believe is in fact the BEST WARRANTY available in the industry, from a company that has been in business since 1990.
Sol, Inc. warrants the Owner (defined as the entity that has final title to the goods) of each new Sol lighting system to be free from defects in materials and workmanship and to perform under normal use and service. Sol will, at its option, repair or replace any system or system component that is defective in materials or manufacture within a minimum of five (5) years after purchase. Additionally, specific items within Sol's system have extended warranty protection against failure as defined below:
|Solar PV Panel||20 Years|
|Mounting Hardware||20 Years|
|Pole (if provided)||10 Years|
|LED Light Engine (Lamp)||10 Years|
|LED Luminaire (Fixture)||10 Years|
|Wire Harnessing||10 Years|
|Electronics (Charge controller, LED driver)||10 Years|
|Energy Storage Array (Battery)||5 Years*|
* Batteries provided by Sol, Inc. have a limited warranty providing for battery replacement (batteries must be provided by Sol), from the date of shipment, with the following pro-rated coverage:
- 0 to 2 years: 100% credit (user pays 0% of replacement battery price)
- 2 to 3 years: 60% credit (user pays 40% of replacement battery price)
- 3 to 4 years: 40% credit (user pays 60% of replacement battery price)
- 4 to 5 years: 20% credit (user pays 80% of replacement battery price)
Sol, Inc's liability on any claim for damages arising out of or in connection with the manufacture, sale, installation, delivery or use of the unit shall not exceed the purchase price of the system. The purchaser assumes and will hold harmless Sol, Inc. in respect of all such loss.
For warranty service on Sol products please contact Sol, Inc. for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number by calling +1 (772) 286-9461. Any products or components that are returned to Sol without first obtaining a RMA may not be issued any credit, and Sol shall not be responsible for said items.
This warranty does not cover damage or malfunction, as determined by Sol's service technicians or engineers due to abuse, misuse, incorrect installation, or accident such as, but not limited to:
- Use of incorrect mounting hardware.
- Failure to follow operating and installation instructions provided by Sol
- Failure to maintain & operate the equipment in accordance with all standards & codes.
- Failure to maintain & operate the system under Sol's specified operating conditions
- Fire, flood, "Acts of God", and other problems beyond the control of Sol
- Unauthorized or improper repairs or adjustments
- Labor costs to remove, service, troubleshoot, and install all or part of Sol systems, unless previously agreed to and authorized IN WRITING by Sol, Inc. by either the Customer Care Manager, Quality Manager, or CEO
- Equipment service, rental, and or tools required to remove, service troubleshoot, and reinstall all or part of Sol systems, unless previously agreed to and authorized IN WRITING by Sol by either the Customer Care Manager, Quality Manager, or CEO
- Components and equipment external to the Sol system
- The cost of repairing or replacing property other than the Sol system
- Equipment not provided by Sol
The use of any replacement parts (for any reason) including but not limited to electrical components, luminaires, or batteries NOT provided by Sol, Inc. voids this warranty. This warranty in lieu of all other expressed warranties and the implied warranty of merchantability is limited to terms of this written warranty. This warranty grants you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary based on your location.