I’m confused by all of the information displayed for each system. What key parameters should I pay attention to?
A: After filling out the account request form with the password supplied to you in the order confirmation, you should receive your login credentials within 1-2 business days.
A: Enter your username or email address and click on the Forget Password link on the login page – https://solarlightinginsight.com/.
A: Each system will automatically be subscribed or live for 12 months from around the date the units shipped (when they were added into our system); or for the length of term you have signed up for as an extended service.
A: You will be able to have access to the specific systems that shipped on your associated order. If you have multiple orders that we are aware then you should see those as well. If you feel like you should have access to other systems please contact us at [email protected].
A: The systems will be loaded into the database around the time the systems have shipped.
A: Use the steps below.
- Click on Devices on the left tool bar
- Click on the applicable order, if you have more than one
- Click on the subgroup
- Click on each individual system as required
A: These systems have not yet been commissioned and will reflect this with no data populated when you click on those individual systems.
A: The status should reflect this:
- Minor: this is used to indicate a minor issue and indicates to that this device should be given some sort of attention, but it doesn’t require immediate action.
-This is generally a fault that has been cleared by the system, such as a self-reboot.
- Warning: this is used indicate a status change or fault alarm.
-Further investigation required based on reporting in Insight.
- Critical: this is used to indicate the system needs immediate attention.
-Further investigation required based on reporting in Insight and visit to site may be required.
Q: I’m confused by all of the information displayed for each system. What key parameters should I pay attention to?
A: Here are a few of the most important parameters.
- Average Energy out = amount of energy expended by the batteries running the fixture, in watt-hours (Wh).
- Average Energy = amount of energy gained by the solar panels charging the batteries during the day, in watt-hours (Wh).
- Battery Voltage Minimum = this is the lowest value the batteries hit during the night.
- Most Recent Data Update Server Timestamp = date of last transmission or date of last update.
- Most Recent Faulty Update = reflects any faults listed.
- Curfew Enabled = reflects whether the curfew feature is on or off.
- Reporting Interval = number of hours between each system report.
- Systems activated less than a year ago will report daily.
- Systems activated more than a year ago will report weekly.
Data for systems that report weekly is averaged over that week.
A: This could be due to one or more of the following:
- Localized shading (trees, buildings, etc.).
- Different profile than other systems (run time and fixture wattage).
- System is running a curfew and is running less hours than other systems.
A: This means your system was just commissioned on that day and hasn’t sent a transition message yet. This is done each morning to reflect new data from the previous day.
A: You can use the steps below.
- Click on the cog icon on the right side of the screen
- Click on Reset Dashboard